To research and develop state-of-the-art image informatics technologies related to image/video processing, computer vision, and large scale data management.
Mayachitra, Inc. is a research and development company dedicated to transitioning state-of-the-art technologies to content-centric applications in commercial, scientific, and defense market. Automating the information extraction, access and management from image and video archives relieves the painstaking manual effort commonly required for extracting information of value from multimedia data archives.
- Co-founded in 2001 as a consulting firm by B. S. Manjunath, Ph.D. and Shivkumar Chandrasekaran, Ph.D.; Expanded to a research and development company in 2005
- Located in Santa Barbara, California, USA
- Zero debt
- Privately held
- Primarily funded by federal grants (SBIRs and STTRs) and developed product sales.
Highlights and Milestones
Competitive Advantages at Mayachitra
- Pool of highly qualified and experienced engineers
- Strong ties to UCSB, constant source of new technologies
- History of brining sophisticated technology with an intuitive interface, responsive to changing needs
- Deliver new products to market in cost effective ways with low overhead
The meaning of Mayachitra
Mayachitra (pronunciation: Maa-ya Chi-th-ra) means "magic image" derived from Sanskrit word Maya(माया) and Chitra(चित्र). In Hinduism, maya is used to mean "magic"or "supernatural power" and chitra is Sanskrit word for "portrait" or "picture". The name Mayachitra reinforces the mission of the company: to extract knowledge from an image and to deliver the image informatics solutions to customers.